Free DACA Informational Letter in English and Spanish
Free informational letter about DACA for school districts to send to parents, families and communities.
In late 2017, the Trump administration made the decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. This program was created during the Obama administration to provide relief to illegal immigrants who were brought to this country as children and allowed them to receive renewable two-year work permits and avoid deportation. Now that DACA has been rescinded, and as of now has still not found resolution, many might still be wondering what this will mean for DACA students.
TransACT created this free, downloadable letter in English and Spanish as part of our commitment to helping school districts meet Federal and Civil Rights communication requirements and facilitate strong parent engagement practices.
The DACA Informational Letter covers:
- What is DACA?
- Who is eligible for DACA?
- What is happening with DACA now?
- What are possible next steps to resolve this crisis?
- How can DACA changes affect students and schools?
- Who can parents or community members contact at the district for questions?