ESSA Changes to Parent and Family Engagement Requirements
Access the recording of the September 10th, 2019 webinar by completing the form.
The reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) increased the requirements for Parent and Family Engagement, as well as moving the responsibility between Title I and Title III.
Access this recorded webinar from September 10th, 2019 at 9:00 am PT / 12:00 pm ET with Dr. David Holbrook, TransACT’s Executive Director of Federal Programs and State Relationships. In this webinar you will learn about significant changes to Parent and Family Engagement under ESSA including:
- Implications of changing terminology which changed from Parent Involvement to Parent and Family Engagement
- Changes in report card requirements
- Shifting EL requirements from Title III to Title I and the implications on your program
- Increases in required and allowable notices
- Additional requirements for Community Engagement, Families, and Reporting in Title I and III
Complete the form on the right to download both the webinar and accompanying slide presentation about the changes to Parent and Family Engagement under ESSA.