The reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) shifted the responsibility for some requirements of federal mandates to be determined in ESSA States plans.
What does this mean for you? ESSA increased the requirements for parent and family engagement, as well as moving the responsibility between Title I and Title III. Some highlights include:
- Implications of changing terminology which changed from Parent Involvement to Parent and Family Engagement
- Changes in report card requirements
- Shifting EL requirements from Title III to Title I and the implications on your program
- Increases in required and allowable notices
- Additional requirements for Community Engagement, Families, and Reporting in Title I and III
TransACT’s Executive Director of Federal Programs and State Relationships recorded this webinar on the Increases in Parent and Family Engagement Requirements on September 10th, 2019 at 9 am PT / 12 pm ET.
Use this link to access the recorded webinar to learn about the additions to Parent and Family Engagement requirements under ESSA.
We are proud to provide free, informational webinars on 21APR, ESSA, McKinney-Vento, and other federal requirements to support our customers and the community in the work they do to increase program and participant growth and achievement. Subscribe to our blog and follow us on your favorite social media platform to hear about additional educational opportunities.