English Learners are an integral population and a large focus of the National ESEA Conference (formerly the National Title I Conference), as they were before the conference was re-branded. While the comprehensive approach boasts content that serves more populations and Title Programs, there are still many presentations that focus on ELs. This includes my presentation, ESSA Title I EL Requirements for All Title I Funded Districts, Wednesday, Jan. 30th at 11:30am.
Other presentations that focus on ELs include:
- Engaging and Valuing English Language Learners, presentation by Ashley Martinez, Wednesday.
- Title I and Title III Collaboration: Building Bridges to Communicate with Families of ELs, presentation from Maryland, Thursday
- Supporting English Learners Under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, presentation by the US Department of Education (USED), Thursday
- Building Relationships with Immigrant Communities through Local Cultural Immersion, presentation by Laura Gardner, Friday
- Working Together to Support English Learners Through a Multi-Tiered System of Support, presentation by the National Council of State Title III Directors, Saturday
For more information and the full session schedule, click here.