There is a lot to organize at the beginning of the school year, but the 2017-2018 brings an additional level of chaos with the implementation of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Here is a list of the most important forms to have updated in line with ESSA requirements, and available in a language that families can understand:
- Home Language Survey
- Immunization Notices
- Registration Form(s)
- Field Trip Form(s)
- Parent Teacher Conference Letter
Additional parent notice resources for the beginning of the school year, free of cost:
- eBook on changes to Title I and Title III requirements: Download here.
- Webinar on new parent notification requirements under ESSA: Watch here.
- Letter to parents and community members about DACA: Download here.
- Guide to avoiding the "chilling effect" when enrolling immigrant students: Download here.
TransACT Parent Notices is an online subscription to help your entire district manage your parent notification requirements, including hundreds of federally required parent notifications in your priority languages, and a parent notice tracking tool that helps you keep track of important notification timelines and required audiences.