This blog was updated on July 25th, 2023.
There is a lot to organize at the beginning of the school year, especially with the additional chaos of keeping up with updates regarding the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Here is a list of the most important forms to have updated in line with ESSA requirements and available in a language that families can understand:
- Home Language Survey
- Immunization Notices
- Registration Form(s)
- English Learner Programs Placement
- Annual Parent Notice: Right to Request Teacher Qualifications
Free Parent Notice Resources for the Beginning of the School Year
- Ebook on changes to Title I and Title III requirements
- Letter to parents and community members about DACA
- Guide to avoiding the "chilling effect" when enrolling immigrant students
TransACT Parent Notices is an online subscription to help your entire district manage your parent notification requirements, including hundreds of federally required parent notifications in your priority languages, and a parent notice tracking tool that helps you keep track of important notification timelines and required audiences.