This blog has been modified from its original version, which appeared in the Ellevation blog.
What are the implications of ESSA on ELL programs and instruction? What specifically are Title I and Title III administrators going to observe in the coming months? And how about principals and teachers? How is the K-12 world we know going to change in 2018-2019?
Ellevation President and Co-Founder Teddy Rice sits down with Dr. David Holbrook of TransACT to discuss these questions and more. Listen to the conversation below:
- You can read David's bio and find his recent contributions on TransACT's website.
- David mentions he keeps current by reading Education Week.
- While recognizing it is more political in nature, David appreciates that Politico is often the first to report issues.
Learn more about David's work and ESSA by checking out the following resources in the ELL Community:
- Read the press release about David's new role on Ellevation's Advisory Board.
- Watch the recording of Teddy Rice's webinar: ESSA: What Does it Mean for Your EL Program
- Gather more resources about the ESSA transition by downloading our ebook on collaboration between Title I and Title III.
We encourage you to use the Anchor podcast app voicemail feature to respond to this episode or to recommend topics and guests for future episodes.
You can also listen and subscribe to Highest Aspirations on iTunes here.