The National ESEA Conference (formerly the National Title I Conference) is coming quickly, January 30 - February 2, 2019. The change to this conference having a more comprehensive approach to ESEA programs does not mean that presentations related to Title I programs are less important. The move is intended to promote more collaboration between Title I and other programs.
Presentations that retain a Title I focus include:
- ESSA Title I EL Requirements for All Title I Funded Districts, presentation by Dr. David Holbrook, TransACT Communications, Wednesday.
- How Title I, Part D Can Assist with Transition Needs of Children Who are System-Involved, presentation by Simon Gonsoulin, Wednesday.
- School Improvement in Maryland Under the Every Student Succeeds Act, presentation by the Maryland Department of Education, Thursday.
- Equitable Services Updates, presentation by the U.S. Department of Education, Thursday.
- How to Prepare for an ESSA Title I Audit and Utilize UGG Resolution Flexibility, presentation by Leigh Manasevit, Brustein and Manasevit, Friday
For more information and the full session schedule, click here.