The National ESEA Conference (formerly the National Title I Conference) was held January 30 - February 2, 2019. The change to this conference having a more comprehensive approach to ESEA programs does not mean that presentations related to Title I programs are less important. The move was intended to promote more collaboration between Title I and other programs.
For more information on the National ESEA Conference and the full session schedule from the 2019 Kansas City event, click here. If you were unable to attend the conference, all sessions were recorded. Use this link to locate sessions which retained a Title I focus, including:
- ESSA Title I EL Requirements for All Title I Funded Districts, presentation by Dr. David Holbrook, TransACT Communications, Wednesday.
- How Title I, Part D Can Assist with Transition Needs of Children Who are System-Involved, presentation by Simon Gonsoulin, Wednesday.
- School Improvement in Maryland Under the Every Student Succeeds Act, presentation by the Maryland Department of Education, Thursday.
- Equitable Services Updates, presentation by the U.S. Department of Education, Thursday.
- How to Prepare for an ESSA Title I Audit and Utilize UGG Resolution Flexibility, presentation by Leigh Manasevit, Brustein and Manasevit, Friday