The changing landscape of education that is the result of the re-authorization of ESEA as ESSA is a topic that will be widely covered at this year's National ESEA Conference (formerly National Title I Conference).
As a result of the conference's re-branding and more comprehensive approach to ESEA programs, the presentation offerings are on a broader range of topics. Some presentations will provide details that help educators understand the changing landscape of education brought about by the reauthorization of ESEA to ESSA including my presentation:
ESSA Title I EL Requirements for All Title I Funded Districts Wednesday, Jan. 30th at 11:30 am
Additional presentations that could be helpful in understanding the changes brought about by ESSA, but in areas other than just Title I include:
- Title IV, Part A: Opportunities for Student Support and Academic Enrichment, presentation by the US Department of Education (USED), Wednesday
- Federal Updates: News (Good and Bad) from Washington, presentation by Julia Martin, Brustein and Manasevit, Wednesday
- Report Cards under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, USED presentation, Thursday
- Updates from the United States Department of Education, USED presentation, Friday
- Data-Driven School Improvement: Making the Grade for Students Experiencing Homelessness, a presentation from Montana, Friday
- ESSA and Early Learning - A Marathon Not a Sprint, Saturday
For more information and the full session schedule, click here.
TransACT Communications and our partner organization Cayen Systems are looking forward to being a part of the 2019 National ESEA Conference. Look for us there at booth 515 and come and say hello and learn more about our host of software solutions.