Educators have watched ESSA replace the decade-long No Child Left Behind Act. This upcoming school year marks the first school year that charters and districts must implement ESSA requirements as part of school compliance.
- Increased funding in multiple areas
- Gave back accountability to local control (i.e. schools, parent groups, and communities)
- Increased requirements for parent involvement activities among schools
Specifically, changes to Parent and Family Engagement requirements under ESSA forced new notifications to be created. Once finalized, all notifications are required by civil rights laws to be translated into a language that Limited English Proficiency families can understand. This transition to ESSA implementation represents an enormous cost in time and money to districts. One subscription to the TransACT Parent Notices ESSA collection allows an entire district to save thousands of dollars in legal and translation costs by providing district-wide access to expertly written parent notifications in multiple languages.
This year, make ESSA Implementation easy: Begin the 2018-19 school year with the cost-effective resource that over 6,500 districts use to:
- Engage parents of all learners in a clear and compliant way
- Communicate districtwide information through notices and forms in a language parents understand
- Ensure all district administrators know what documents are required to be distributed under ESSA and when
- Provide evidence of implementation in the event of a monitoring visit
Until July 1st, 2018 districts that mention this blog post are eligible to receive 10% off the purchase of a parent notices subscription (restrictions apply and offer is not valid for pre-existing quotes). Contact us for a quote now.
TransACT has partnered with local and state education agencies to provide compliant parent notifications since 1993. Since then, we have worked with thousands of districts and multiple states through the transition from the No Child Left Behind Act to the Every Student Succeeds Act. Read a brief case study to learn how districts and states use our software to stay compliant with ESSA and reduce costs.